Summer School at the Pushkin State Russian Language Institute
In accordance with international treaties of the Russian Federation, the Pushkin State Russian Language Institute (hereinafter – the Institute) will be organizing Summer School from July 1, 2019 to August 23, 2019. The Institute will offer the following programs:
- “Summer School. Practical Course of Russian Language” for foreign senior students. Training period - 1 or 2 months;
- “Summer school. Russian as a Foreign Language and Methods of Teaching" for teachers of Russian as a foreign language working in schools and universities and
having basic higher philological or pedagogical education. Training period – 1 month (July 1 - July 26, 2019).
Training will be conducted on a budgetary basis within the quota established by the Government of the Russian Federation for education of foreign citizens. Programs of the Summer School include 24 academic hours a week (4 days a week, 6 academic hours per day).
Program "Summer School. Practical Course of Russian Language" for foreign senior students includes input oral and written testing. The testing’s results will determine students’ level of proficiency in Russian according to the CEFR (from A1 to C1). Training of students with a zero level of Russian language proficiency is not provided under this program.
At the end of the program, students perform exit testing and receive a certificate indicating the disciplines studied and the amount of the received academic hours. This
program in accordance with the curriculum includes the following disciplines:
• Practical Course of Russian Language – 10 hours/week,
• Phonetics and Intonation – 2 hours/week,
• Modern Russian Language – 4 hours/week,
• Russian Literature (students choose the period) – 4 hours/week,
• Country Studies of Russia – 2 hours/week,
• History of Russian Culture – 2 hours/week.
Program "Summer school. Russian as a Foreign Language and Methods of Teaching" for teachers of Russian as a foreign language working in schools and universities and having basic higher philological or pedagogical education includes 4 modules:
• Module 1. "Russian Language" (current trends in the development of the Russian language at the present stage, modern concepts of description of the Russian language for the purpose of teaching it as a non-native/foreign, practical course of Russian as a foreign language) – 64 hours.
• Module 2. "Methods of Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language" (actual problems of modern methods of teaching foreign languages, innovative linguistic and didactic technologies in teaching Russian as a Foreign Language) – 16 hours.
• Module 3. "Country Studies of Russia" - 8 hours.
• Module 4. "Russian Literature" - 8 hours.
At the end of the program, teachers pass the final certification in the form of an oral interview and receive a certificate of professional development of the established sample. Students of the Summer School pay for accommodation at the Institute’s hostel. Relevant information will be posted on the website of the Institute on the page "Hostel" in the section "Information and Documents".
Foreign citizens apply for the programs of the Summer School in the offices of Rossotrudnichestvo in foreign countries, and the Institute coordinates organizational matters and register students of the Summer school.
Summer School students should bring the following documents:
- confirmation of training issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the
- passport with visa,
- health insurance,
- photo 3x4.